Monday, May 02, 2011

2011 already and where will it all go?

It has been some time since I posted an entry to my Blog. I have neglected it as I have not really known what to say in it for some time now.
2010 was an incredibly challenging year with much change on the career front for me. Towards the end of the year things started to straighten out and 2011 looked like being a much better year than the last couple. However, there is only so much time in a day, week and month to get round to all the commitments that I have made and that takes some managing.
I wonder whether the beneficiaries of the hard work have a single clue as to how hard I do actually work to put food on the table? Work, agonize and fight for everything that I can get for their benefit. I often wonder this and suppose that I will never know as it would be churlish to expect any kind of gratitude or even a thank you. As I said, no doubt churlish to expect anything in return.
The last 2 years have been spent against a backdrop of watching a mother fight for the ability to see her sons. A mother who loves her children as deeply and passionately as any other normal mother would. A mother who left a husband after years of unhappiness and who has been punished ever since.
I wonder when the healing can start properly for the sons and the mother? No one in their right mind would ever believe that this mother would ever be able to harm anyone, whether deliberately, directly or indirectly.
The sooner that the process that this mother is currently in, evolves and matures, the better. Boys need their mothers and mothers need their boys. Time will show that and I sincerely hope that this mother and her boys will heal fully in time.
And yes, for those of you that may read this and start to get on your high horses, get over it – it is 2011 – divorces happen for all sorts of reasons, but usually because the love is dead and in some way or another there has been a betrayal. Simple, resonating stuff.
Our measure of being successful parents has NOTHING to do with being able to stay in the parental relationship or not.
Enough of that. I am a successful father and that is how I measure myself EVERY single day. Have I today done what I need to do to ensure the best possible future for my children? Well YES, I have.
Do I wish I could see my children more? YES I do.
Just as I wish it for the mother of two sons who should be able to see each other more.
Will this be rectified? Yes it will be on all counts. Mother and sons will for 100% sure see more of each other, they will re-establish and then grow together and I will be an ecstatic witness to that; a witness to love triumphing over everything else in its path as it always will.